South Otago 151st A&P Show
South Otago 151st A&P Show
The South Otago A&P Society will be holding their 151st Annual Summer A&P Show on Friday Evening 24th November & Saturday, 25th November at Balclutha Showgrounds.
On the Friday evening the Showgrounds are OPEN FOR FREE: Amusements Rides & Refreshments available; plus ‘Balclutha Rotary Club’ Sound Off Competition, ‘House of Travel’ Show Queen Appearance & Grass Kart racing. Special Guest Howie Morrison Jnr is performing at Rosebank Lodge from 8pm. $30 pp, Tickets available from Johnstone Electrical, Balclutha or direct from Show Secretary, Heather Dudfield: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the Saturday Judging of Equestrian & Livestock Classes start at 8.30am.
Gate Entry is $10 Adults, Children 5-15yrs $5 (But FREE if they have the special Coupon Clipped from the Show Feature in Clutha Leader) & under 5 Yrs Free. Membership is $25 per family.
Membership, Show Schedule & Entries all available online.
Highlights for SHOW DAY (full timetable pictured below)
• There is a Focus on men with ‘Good Fellas Tent’ featuring special Guest Howie Morrison Jnr (son of Sir Howard Morrison & presenter of Hunting-Aotearoa) & Nigel Woodhead (FMG Young Farmer Year Winner). There will be Steak BBQ available, The Catlin’s Brewery Bar, Deer Stalkers Association & Special Photo Competition "A Man and His......" You finish the caption, to be written under the photo. Winner is Voted for by the public. Gold coin donations with proceeds to Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand • The Backbone of the A&P Show is the Livestock, Equestrian, Show Queens & Home Industry Competition’s; • Dairy Goats: most southerly Dairy Goat Show.
• Dairy & Beef Cattle: The Clutha Vets Otago Championship Class accumulates points in All Breeds Dairy Yearling Heifer Class at South Otago, Tokomairiro (Milton) & Otago Taieri A&P Shows
• Alpaca’s “Huacaya” & Suri Breed Classes: Only Show to have Alpaca’s in the Southern District • Sheep: Breed & Commercial Classes
• Equestrian: new classes for the Donkeys alongside all traditional Horse & Pony Showing Classes & Jumping, HOY qualifier classes..
• All the above Supreme Champions compete for “Ravensdown Supreme Animal of the Show”
• Pet Section: Entries can be made on Show Day, Classes for All Pets & Fancy Dress • Home Industries: have classes for Children & Open, new classes for Flowers & Vegetables. Entries must be delivered to Rec Centre on Friday, 24th Nov between 2-6.30pm.
• Photography: Entries must be received between 10th-20th Nov, can be dropped at Clutha I-Site • Show Queens are sponsored by Balclutha House of Travel. Who will be crowned our 49th Show Queen? The contestants have a packed calendar of activities through November & will be raising funds for Cancer Society & Motor Nurone Disease. Convener: Ingrid Keating 0275510847.
• Show day entertainment has been sponsored by ‘Calder Stewart’. Highlights for the day include Clutha Country Music Club performing, Wood Choppers are part of main ring action, ‘Southland Shafts & Wheels’ Horse Wagon Rides giving free Rides around Showgrounds & Clutha Dance Group on Main Ring Stage, Clutha Valley School Kapa Haka performing alongside Howie Morrison Jnr & the Caledonian Society are returning to tosh & throw with Highland games activities….
• Children have lots to entertain them: ❖ Wayne McEwan ‘Magic Guy” & Animal friends ❖ Face/Body & Balloon Artist; Frances Van Hellemond ❖ Otago Museum Discovery World activities ❖ South Otago Forest & Bird activity ❖ Bubble machine on the showgrounds • Live Music, Dance displays & Bar available; Picnic Tables for relaxing at & enjoying the atmosphere. Lots of local Business Trade & Crafts displays to browse for the whole family..
• Grand Parade at 2.30pm: presentation of ‘Ravensdown’ Supreme Animal of Show & House of Travel Show Queen will be crowned. All Prize-winning Livestock & Horses will be on show, Trade Vehicles & Vintage Machinery. Special Draw for Ed Sheeran Concert Tickets at 3.45pm. Need to have placed completed coupon from Clutha Leader or Otago Daily Times into Secretary Office by 11am on Show Day.
Check out the A&P Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/southotagoap.