What's On Southland & South Otago?
What's On Southland & South Otago?
EVENTS AND COMMUNITY NOTICES:
- Come and join the Riversdale Arts team with an afternoon of creative displays Wednesday 10th of March. Two sessions 1 to 4 pm and 5.30 to 7 pm. Riversdale Arts Rooms, Newcastle Street, Riversdale. There will be working demonstrations of many of the workshops that we run throughout the year including:
[email protected] for any queries
- The Alpaca Social Club is back in Gore with fresh sounds from exotic lands including a taste of Arabic, Celtic, funk soul, and gypsy jazz cultures. Musical adventurers Craig Denham (accordion, keyboards, whistles, and vocals) and Jon Sanders (gazouki (bouzouki/guitar hybrid), bass and vocals) are members of the pioneering NZ world, folk, and jazz group Beyondsemble. Performing on different instruments and across a multitude of styles, they are something of a live phenomenon. With strong roots in acoustic music, Craig and John are always ready to take live music into unexpected places with skill, humor, passion, and a sense of adventure. Come and be beguiled.
Tickets are $25 Adults / $10 Student
Book at the Eastern Southland Gallery, tel 03 208 9907, email [email protected]
- The Waimatua netball club is holding its trials on the 16th and 23rd of February 6:30 pm-7:30 pm at Stadium Southland. Everyone is welcome to come along and give it a go!
- The Gore Garden Club’s annual Harvest Show will be held at the Gore Town & Country Club, Bury St on Friday, February 19 from 10 am to 5 pm and Saturday, February 20 from 10 am to 3 pm.
This year’s theme is ‘Bee in the Garden’, with entries taken from Noon to 7.30 pm on Thursday, February 18.
Entry is $5 and this also provides entry to the show.
There is a wide range of sections, including the Children’s and School sections as well as a Garden Wildlife Accommodation (Birds, Bees, Bugs), Flowers, Fruit and Vegetables, Photography, Handicrafts, Baking, Jams, Pickles, and Preserves. There is also a Blokes section, sales table, raffles, and demonstrations. All interests are certain to be catered for.
Schedules are available at Mitre 10 and Campbells Garden Centre.
This year, the committee is thrilled to introduce the ‘Bee in the Garden’ competition. Exhibitors are asked to make a bee/hive/motel/bumblebee, and the winner will be decided by public vote.
There will also be two guest speakers for garden enthusiasts to listen to and chat with on Friday evening from 7.30 pm. Tony Laker and Suzie Bernard will speak about many of the ‘Great Gardens of the World’. Entry is $5.
For more information, please phone Noreen (03) 208 8191.
Gore Justice of the Peace Service Desk is back at the Gore Library from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm every Wednesday evening.
If you have any documents that you need a JP to certify, witness, or sign, come along.
No appointment is necessary.
- RSA Mataura is proud to invite members, affiliated members, and their invited guests to join them for Afternoon Indoor Bowls.
This will be at the Mataura RSA Club Rooms, 1:30 pm every Thursday afternoon. Tea and Coffee available for a gold coin donation, and that's it! No other cost is needed!
Phone Murray or Glenda Newton: 03 444 9618 for any further inquiries
The Gore Gymnastics Club currently has limited spaces available on Wednesday’s 3.30-4.30pm and 4.30-5.30pm and Friday’s 3.30-4.30pm.If you have a child who is 5yrs and over who could be interested or you would like more information or your child is under 5yrs but you would like for them to go on our waiting list - email me at [email protected]
Thanks, Adele on behalf of the Gore Gymnastics Club
- The Gore Loss and Grief Centre drop-in service is back on Monday mornings 9 am-1 pm at the Southern Reap Building, Fairfield Street in Gore
For more info on the Loss and Grief center, visit their website: https://www.lossandgriefcentre.com/
ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT – The future of Farming and small Rural Communities - New Freshwater regulations / The 1st October Sowing deadline / Resource Consent requirements for farming activities eg 10degree paddock sowing RC’s / Significant Natural Area’s – property confiscation / Stock Exclusion Legislations / Carbon Tax, the ETS / removal of Rural services/roading / WEF collapse of the economy & plan to halt meat production by 2030 / CFMP’s / FWMP’s / 15% stock reductions/removal of fossil fuel vehicles, natural gas …….. and more!
FIND OUT – where these new laws are coming from and why? / How you can fight against these new measures that will cripple farming / peaceful non-violent non-compliance etc
JOIN – Rob Wilson and Heather Meri Pennycook – AAG (Agricultural Action Group) and guest speakers - for a discussion and to strategise re local issues. We look forward to meeting you!
SUPPER PROVIDED - Please bring a gold coin donation for the Venue Hire
Check out our Facebook page – Agricultural Action Group for news and info - and sign up for our newsletter!
FYI: We are apolitical and self-funded.
Donations welcome ASB: “AAG Admin” Account 12-3434-0000431-01
Tue 16th February - Nightcaps 7 pm – Nightcaps Hotel – Clapps Street
Wed 17th February - Winton 7 pm – Salvation Army Hall – Dejoux Road
Thur 18th February - Otautau 7 pm – Golf Club – Slaughterhouse Road
Fri 19th February - Gore 7 pm – Pioneer Rugby Club – Robertson Street
Sat 20th February– Tuatapere 7 pm – Waiau Star Rugby Club – the Domain
- Art Exhibition in Tapanui West Otago, at the community centre. Open daily 10 am till 4 pm until 30th March. Opening Night is Friday 26th March. A large variety of art on display including Wearable Art Display (Bras and Bags) and Wedding Dresses through the ages display - Gift shop on site. Still taking entries until 19 March for anyone wanting to enter their art. For an entry form please contact [email protected]
- Quiz nights are returning to Tapanui starting this Monday! This week, proceeds go to the Stepsisters Leisure Marching team. They will be at the West Otago Town & Country Club at 7:30 pm Mondays. Raffle donations appreciated
To Let us know What's On in your community fill out the "What's On" application sheet.
Or Email us at [email protected]