What's On Southland & South Otago?
What's On Southland & South Otago?
EVENTS AND COMMUNITY NOTICES:
- Southland Indoor Bowls are holding a Garden Party and High Tea on Sunday 1 November from 1.30pm – 4.00pm at 50 Onslow Street. Come along to hear guest speaker Chris Hughes from Blue Mountain Nurseries, wander amongst garden themed stalls and pick up some plants for your garden. Tickets are $15 each and are available from Braemar Home Baking Shop ph 2143440 or Indoor Bowls ph 2166191.
- The Balfour Lions Annual fireworks display is coming up on the 10th of November at 6:30 pm.
It will be a great family night out with Food Stalls, Coffee Cart, Live Music, Children’s Entertainment and Glowsticks for Sale. Tickets are $5, but under 5's go free!
There is no Postponement Date, Bring a torch!
Gore Justice of the Peace Service Desk is back at the Gore Library from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm every Wednesday evening.
If you have any documents that you need a JP to certify, witness or sign, come along.
No appointment is necessary.
- RSA Mataura is proud to invite members, affiliated members and their invited guest to join them for Afternoon Indoor Bowls.
This will be at the Mataura RSA Club Rooms, 1:30 pm every Thursday afternoon. Tea and Coffee available for a gold coin donation, and thats it! No other cost is needed!
Phone Murray or Glenda Newton: 03 444 9618 for any further inquiries
The Gore Gymnastics Club currently have limited spaces available on Wednesday’s 3.30-4.30pm and 4.30-5.30pm and Friday’s 3.30-4.30pm.If you have a child who is 5yrs and over who could be interested or you would like more information or your child is under 5yrs but you would like for them to go on our waiting list - email me at [email protected]
Thanks, Adele on behalf on the Gore Gymnastics Club
- The Monthly Hokonui Community Market is starting again this Saturday 11th July.
Back Bigger and Better at St Andrews Church Hall, Devon St, Gore from 10 am - 2 pm
- Badminton has started again at the Gore High School Gym
Tuesdays 6.30 pm $5 per person
Find them on Facebook - Gore Badminton
- The Gore Loss and Grief Centre drop-in service is back on Monday mornings 9 am-1 pm at the Southern Reap Building, Fairfield Street in Gore
For more info on the Loss and Grief center, visit their website: https://www.lossandgriefcentre.com/
- East Gore Art Centre is having a fundraising party on Friday the 11th of September at 7:30 pm at the Eastern Southland Gallery.
The Auction Pool includes; lithographs from the Muka Collection, A stunning framed Robert Ellis lithograph, and an auction of Two Paddocks wine and special packages.
Complimentary drinks and nibbles by Jude Taylor are also included in the $45pp ticket price. Tickets are available from the Gore Visitor Centre (former Salvation Army Building).
- The legendary From Scratch take you on a magical sonic journey with original DIY instruments creating rhythms and sounds and an unforgettable Pacifica message for eyes and ears of all ages featuring their stunning historic work ‘Pacific 3 – 2 – 1 – Zero’ a conch call to the fallout of nuclear testing and climate change on low lying Pacific islands.
Sunday 13 September 8:00 pm Gore
St Andrews Church Hall
$30 General Admission; $25 Gallery Members; $15 Students
Book: Maruawai Centre, 7 Norfolk Street, Gore
Monday 14 September 8:00 pm Stewart Island
Stewart Island Community Centre
$25 Book: Door sales
- Quiz nights are returning to Tapanui starting this Monday! This week, proceeds go to the Stepsisters Leisure Marching team. They will be at the West Otago Town & Country Club at 7:30 pm Monday 28th. Raffle donations appreciated
The Clutha Community Hub is holding a fundraising event “The Last Dance” in the Balclutha & District War Memorial Town Hall on Saturday 14 November 2020 @ 8 pm.
Tickets are $50.00 pp which includes Supper. A cash bar will be operating and auctions and raffles will be held on the night.
Tickets can be purchased from the Balclutha I-site or by contacting Alison Ludemann on Phone: 0274-365220 or Email: [email protected].
- Are you passionate about Equestrian Show Classes & keen to volunteer in your community? The South Otago A&P Society is seeking an Assistant Equestrian Convener to help with preparations & assist on Show day with Equestrian Section.
Our Show is always last Saturday of November & this year will be 28th November at Balclutha Showgrounds.
Inquiries to our Society Secretary Heather Dudfield Tel: 4181693 or [email protected]
To Let us know What's On in your community fill out the "What's On" application sheet.
Or Email us at [email protected]