What's on Southland & South Otago?
What's on Southland & South Otago?
EVENTS AND COMMUNITY NOTICES:
- The Riversdale Golf Club Farmers and Friends Tournament which was set for tomorrow at 12 pm has been postponed. The new date is yet to be confirmed.
($30 entries open to farmers' friends and assorted 'hangers-on' - men and ladies. There will be great prizes, great competition and an even
better evening meal.
Entries to Stuart Riordan- 03 202 5886 )
- The Riversdale lions club would lie to thank the farming community businesses and locals who contributed to the Hay and Baleage Competition and made it a successful day.
There were a good number of entries (184) and funds raised this year to support the Youth and Medical needs in the community.
- Southern REAP & SBS Bank are pleased to offer you FREE computer training.
You can choose which session or sessions you wish to attend:
TUES 4 AUG: Class #1 - Digital Banking
• Getting to know banking online.
• How to recognise the signs of an online scam and what to do.
• How to protect yourself online.
• Starting to navigate through an online banking platform.
• Contacting your bank to get started.
TUES 11 AUG: Class #2 - Home Finances
• Pros and cons of banking online.
• Create a household budget using Excel (offline).
• Exploring financial websites for budgeting advice.
• Create a household budget using Sorted (online).
TUES 18 AUG: Class #3 - Employment #1
• What is a CV/Resume?
• What should it include?
• Creating and formatting a CV in Microsoft Word.
• Creating and formatting a cover letter.
• Online CV & cover letter templates.
TUES 25 AUG: Class #4 - Employment #2
• Creating accounts and job searching on Seek, TradeMe & MSD.
• Attaching your CV to an online application.
• List of job searching sites
VENUE: Southern REAP Community Room, 6 Fairfield Street, Gore
- The Monthly Hokonui Community Market is starting again this Saturday 11th July.
Back Bigger and Better at St Andrews Church Hall, Devon St, Gore from 10 am - 2 pm
Plunket in Gore has a Pregnancy and Parenting course on Saturday the 1st and 8th of August. It’s free for expecting mums to attend, they also encourage the partner or a support person to attend with them.
The courses are interactive and shaped to give expecting parents the information they want and also need. The course includes the following; labour and birth, stages of labour, choices during and after birth, pain relief options, infant feeding, and newborn care.
Plunket's website for course information and booking is www.plunketppe.org.nz
Or you can contact them directly at [email protected]
- Come and join the team at the Riversdale Arts Virtual Exhibition Launch Party (running from 1st-31st July online at www.riversdalearts.co.nz)
Ticket price of $10 PP includes a free glass of bubbly on arrival and nibbles (cash bar) and guest speaker: Chris McLennan - Award-Winning Travel Photographer.
Chris McLennan grew up in Riversdale and went on to follow his passion as a photographer. Chris's specialties are travel, wildlife, and landscape photography. The last 30 years have seen his career develop through sheer passion and hard work and he has worked commercially in 60 countries to date. Chris also organizes and hosts photo expeditions for aspiring photographers to Alaska, Africa, Svalbard, Papua New Guinea, Tahiti, and Myanmar. With many International Awards under his belt, Chris is an ambassador for leading international companies, Nikon, HP, LowePro, and DJI
Tickets available by emailing [email protected]
Jann Robertson Administrator Riversdale Arts 0276722600
- Badminton has started again at the Gore High School Gym|
Tuesdays 6.30 pm $5 per person
Find them on Facebook - Gore Badminton
The Mandeville Country Club Annual Hay Competition is on Friday 17th July 2020. All entries need to be taken from 10 am-3 pm.The awesome night of Prizegiving, Auction & BBQ will be at 6.30 pm.
The Annual Hay & Baleage drive and auction are on this Friday the 26th of June at 3:30 pm, Followed by BB, Refreshments & prize giving.
All donations to be received by 11 am Friday.
It is free entry and all proceeds go back into the youth of the community.
To donate or for inquiries please call Richard Dillon 0272010418
- The Gore Loss and Grief Centre drop-in service is back on Monday mornings 9 am-1 pm at the Southern Reap Building, Fairfield Street in Gore
For more info on the Loss and Grief centre, visit their website: https://www.lossandgriefcentre.com/
- The South Otago Gun Club club shoot is on Saturday 11th July 2020 at 1 pm
Skeet, 25 Single Rise, 25 Point Score, 25 Single Barrel.
It will be at the Club grounds on Glasgow Street, Balclutha and all are welcome.
To Let us know What's On in your community fill out the "What's On" application sheet.
Or Email us at [email protected]